The most important things are people
At Babyplant, we work to improve people’s lives, not just those of our customers and suppliers but society as a whole. Our social and environmental commitments to the good all stakeholders when carrying out our business is a fundamental part of our business model.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Committed to society
Orgullo de ser agricultor (Pride of being a farmer)
The sense of belonging to a profession
This initiative aims to recognise and value the importance of agriculture and the work of farmers.
Our main objective is to raise awareness of the importance of the sometimes relatively unknown role of farmers and the work they do. We encourage individuals, companies and organisations to commit themselves and engage in activity aimed at altruistically facilitating, helping and raising awareness about the work of farmers.
‘Pride of being a Farmer’ is our tribute to all farmers because we wouldn’t be who we are without them and we must never forget it.
Solidarity with Kiva.
Everyone’s collaboration is vital to support an industry as important as the agricultural sector.
If you would like to be a part of this solidarity project, you can buy products from our online store.
One of the activities that we’re carrying out as part of our social initiative is a collaborative project with the NGO Kiva.
Through this project, we aim to help farmers and promote agriculture in developing countries.
The money raised through the sale of Pride of Being a Farmer merchandise goes towards loans for agricultural projects in countries which lack sufficient resources to finance them.
Everyone’s collaboration is vital to support an industry as important as the agricultural sector. If you would like to be a part of this solidarity project, you can buy products from our online store.
Babyplant and the United Nations Global Compact
One step further, worldwide
At Babyplant, we’ve gone one step further with respect to corporate social responsibility. We’re aware of the importance of acting responsibly, not just locally but worldwide.
This is why, as part of our corporate social responsibility, we’ve committed to the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate responsibility initiative. This pact promotes sustainable development and corporate citizenship.
As partners of the pact, we are committed to aligning all our operations, strategies and business culture with ten universal principles. The development of our corporate sustainability strategy, based on the Global Compact, involves implementing, promoting, and raising awareness of the ten universal principles with respect to human rights, labour standards, the environment and the fight against corruption.
10 universal principles
1. Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
2. Ensure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4. Support the elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour.
5. Support the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Promote initiatives that promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.